Thursday, September 2, 2010

Filler Post

I am seriously due for a new post. The problem is the lack of camera. We are a visual society and, let's face it, people love blogs with pictures. And I am certainly not philosophical (or, dare I say, interesting) enough to entertain the public with my musings. So, I shall focus for a moment on one of my greatest loves in life:

dogs.




(Said in a Mattt Damon-Good Will Hunting fashion) There have been Max, Domino, Peggy, Mister, Jamie, Willie, Oodles, Diesel and Rocky. All of them special in their own way. Oodles may take the Most Special award, despite Domino's love for electrical wires, Peggy's love for playing tag with automobiles (2 broken legs later), Mister's love for the neighbor's dog (RIP), Jamie's love for raw sewage, Willie's love for all things edible (including rocks, all of our Christmas candy and small plastic objects) and the 95 lb Diesel's fear of random things like partially open doors. They all hold a special place in my heart and individually formed me into someone who can't help but grin like a fool every time I see a furry friend walk by.

Where has this love gotten me in life? you may ask.

Other than the joy simply being around a dog brings me, I am proud to boast that I am a (almost) certified Animal Behavior College professional dog trainer. I still have to take my final exam. I've only put it off for a year...no biggie.


I have had the privileged to work with lots of shelter and rescue dogs and the people that love them.


I have turned many a once-indifferent-friend into a dog lover.


I have trained those around me to not only point out dogs in the area, but to also attempt to determine the breed.


I have spread the "doggie voice."


I look forward to having and loving my very own dog someday (a rescue, of course), but for now this will help to fill that void in my life.


In closing, shelter dogs rule, pitbulls get a bad rap (kinda like NJ), everyone should spay/neuter and, in the words of Mishka, I ruuuuhvvvoooo.


4 comments:

Sherri said...

haaahahahaha omg mellard.

and i only love one puppy, you know that :)

Ahn said...

so when are you getting a dog? i love dogs too (only big ones), but you know how i feel about cats. just can't get enough.

alicia said...

I love this post. and that picture of Ipswich. And that picture of Sherri...lol.

alicia said...

Haha...Can you teach my dog to do this?
http://comedy.video.yahoo.com/?v=8171221

Maybe Sherri can help too.