Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

My Labor Day weekend was how it should be...Labor free.

Sean's, on the other hand, was not.

While I was shopping, relaxing, reading, cleaning and enjoying the sunshine, he was building decks and laying a roof. Even still we managed to find the time to enjoy ourselves.



The weekend began with some awesome (spicy!) Jamaican smoked pork made by Sean's amazing cook of a roommate, Jason. We drank Red Stripe on the roof and just chilled.


Saturday was my day to myself followed by dinner with Sean's roommates at an old favorite...the Old Blinking Light...and bowling. I am too embarrassed to share my score, but it was over 100. Two games. Combined.

Sunday was a great day! I got to experience the Colorado Springs Mega Church, New Life, then had lunch downtown with none other than Mr. Bosch. I know all the Gordon folk out there are jealous.


While Sean labored in the sun and wind on his sister's roof, I got to hang out with these two (mom and son...dad was on the roof too) all afternoon:


Sean's sister, Erin, and her adorable, happy son, Logan. We made dinner and shortcake with CO Western Slope peaches (using my daddy's secret recipe).


Monday, Sean finally got a labor-free day. We rode bikes around downtown, checked out the Taste of Colorado, attempted to get Rockies tickets (damn scalpers...just because it's a holiday doesn't mean you can charge 17x the normal ticket price), played volleyball with Sean's friends - well I went on a Powerade/watermelon run for the players, but that's still important - had a lovely dinner date then crashed by 9:30. Every weekend should be three days.

2 comments:

shane said...

sounds like you guys had a good time...

Bridget said...

does bosch live in colorado now?!