Thursday, November 11, 2010

It all started with a roadtrip.

I guess you could even say it began with a pen and a crush. Liz had a crush. Shane had a pen. Shane shared the pen and Liz kept it. Creeper.

But this isn’t their day, so I’ll skip the in-between. 


Four girls, one Subaru, as much of Liz’s stuff as would fit and 2000 miles.


We spent our only night in Denver bouncing around from a high-class vodka bar to an Irish Pub. Somewhere in the mix a handsome young man joined us. I thought he was cute and nice and did a good impression of an Australian accent. It would be a full year until I would see him again.

(This picture was taken that night. Note the close proximity...)


Over the next 365 days, much happened in our respective lives. Then, on October 11, 2009 the Pen-Stealer married the man of her dreams. 


And I wore a zebra top.
(Not to the wedding. But believe me…the zebra top will always be remembered) 


However, despite my attempts, I was blown off that weekend by this aforementioned Aussie-wanna-be. Even left on the dance floor!

He came around though, and 5 days after my return to Boston there was a phone call

We’ve talked every day since.


Many months of phone calls, Skype and flights followed. I thank God every day for bringing this man into my life...and for modern technology.


Then we decided to give the whole thing a real shot, and I moved to Colorado. It has been a life-changing and wonderful adventure.


On the drive across the country, I brought up the fact that we didn't have an anniversaryShould we go with our first phone conversation? No...much too early. Should we go with our first official date? I said no...I had been turning down dates with other guys long before that.

So we picked the date exactly between those two days: November 11th.


That's right, 11/11. How cute.


One year down. I foresee many more to come. Sean, I love you.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

hehe, not too mushy Melo-Deeelicious. I need to work on that spelling. Glad you picked a boy from Colorado.