Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I shall never be called listless

I have come to realize that I love lists. I mean, I have always known this, but in going back to look over my newfound blog, it has become that much more apparent.

Almost every entry is a list of sorts.

So, here's to sicking with oldest-child, pseudo-perfectionist-when-I-want-to-be, pre-planning-control-freak tendencies.

Another list:

However, this one is not my own. The idea came from my friend Ahnika's blog when she was googling "How to get rid of Asian spam." (See her blog if you have questions)

Now, I am a user of Bing myself, and as all modern search engines do, it prepopulates the find line with the most frequent searches of the moment. Following in Ahn's footsteps and curious to see how Bing users differ from those of Google, I typed "How to..."

Do you want to know what the most popular searches beginning with "how to" are??


5. How to write a resume

Useful in this job market.


4. How to tie a tie

I learned from my brother when I was 14 in order to help inept high school boys before band recitals.


3. How to treat a snake bite.

My question is, who is doing the Binging? The one bitten or the friend who just witnessed the incident and luckily is carrying an iPhone that happens to have service despite being in the Mojave Desert?


2. How to recognize a meth house.

WHAT!?


And...


1. How to tell if a guy's lying.

Whoever learns this trick will be a wealthy woman.



1 comment:

Ahn said...

one of the top searches was "how to recognize a meth house?" that is hilarious and disconcerting all at the same time.