Friday, July 2, 2010

A Brief Explanation of my URL

Why, you may ask, will I never wear Chacos?

My answer is part fashion, part principle.

Now, for those of you who have yet to be exposed to the BioCentric wonder that is Chacos, please take note:


As I explained yesterday to my Good friend Jen, I appreciate the science and functionality of the shoe, but I simply do not like how they look on me. They fall somewhere between Jesus sandals








Yes, these are actually called Jesus Sandals






That being said, I don't fully understand their use as everyday, casual footwear by many Coloradans (Or is it Coloradoan?). Hike the Rocky Mountains? Sure. Hike the Rocky Mountains in Chacos? Do not ask me to give up my identity.

I am an East Coast girl and I will hold strong to my beliefs!

Instead, I will compromise with some Merrells.

8 comments:

Lizzy said...

Merrells are the way to go. They are the high end Chaco, and oh so much cuter. The first picture actually made me cringe. I had a whole discussion with Sean last night about why it made sense that you will never wear chacos. I said the same thing and have stuck to it.

Although if you tried hiking in those Merrells, you may regret it. I'll help!

Melody said...

He has told me it is going to be a rather large stumbling block in our relationship, but if that's the worst problem we have, I think I can handle it.
Lizzy, I thank you for your support and understanding. It will be good to have an ally :)

Bridget said...

consider me your newest follower who DOES own a pair of chacos.

now both of you, go follow my blog.

Bridget said...

and crocs is where i draw the line. i might start a blog about that.

Lizzy said...

bridget, follow me! i already follow you fool.

http://muellersinthemilehighcity.blogspot.com/

alicia said...

It is definitely Coloradan. I cringed when I read Coloradoan....

Merrels are awesome. But as a Coloradan, I don't mind Chacos. But I don't own a pair. Nor do I plan to anytime soon.

PS. Crocs were also first found in CO. And, Chipotle.

Bron @ Baby Space said...

Hi Melody, as a first time reader of your blog I say - stay true to your principles! (No offence Bridget - whose blog I moseyed over from...)

T-Bone Chick said...

shoes are an essential thing to feet....