Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Plan

My last day in Boston is two weeks from tomorrow! Sean got on a plane this morning for Benin, Africa where he will be spending the next 15 days working with kids and in a medical clinic. (Please pray for safety for him and his team, and that God would use them as vessels to serve His people.)


On the way back to the States, Sean's connecting flight is going through NYC. So, I told him "You're not allowed to get on that plane to Denver. Instead, I will drive you there myself." What better way to overcome jetlag than to spend two days with your girlfriend's parents then drive a couple thousand miles?


We are not yet sure which route we are going to take - Anyone have any suggestions? - but we have 3 days to get from NJ to Denver in my well-loved, previously-owned-by-my-step-mom Jeep Cherokee. It's kind of fun inheriting a car that I already have so many fond memories in!

I know you're all wondering about the job situation, but I'm going to hold off on that post just a little bit longer...

Patience is a virtue.

3 comments:

alicia said...

I don't have any patience. Tell me now. :)

Also, you will arrive in CO on the day that I leave. Boo to that. Although I sure your first few CO days will be filled with lots of moving/boyfriend time etc. So I'm justifying missing you by less than 24 hours with the fact that you probably wouldn't have been free even if our times did overlap. Additionally, you living in CO means I will see in you Dec. and hopefully March! And perhaps in October as well. :)

Lizzy said...

Why October? I want to be involved in an Alicia sighting.

And Mel, heard our song this morning on the radio. It's a sign sticky-icky.

Unknown said...

awww. I'm reading this the day after you left our house WITH THE JEEP! And you are SO right - a LOT of great memories.